Introduction to Compare and Karlstad
Karlstad and Värmland has a prominent position regarding ICT, when it comes to number of companies and number of employees. Most of the major ICT companies in Sweden can be found here, as well as lots of smaller, specialized consultancies. Karlstad University offers education and research in the ICT field at a high international level and in cooperation with trade and industry.
Compare Karlstad is a joint organization for ICT companies in the region. Compare was formed by the seven major companies 12 years ago and has now almost 100 members with a total of around 3.000 engineers and technicians in the region. Their common goal from the start was to find areas where they could cooperate and benefit from one another in order to underpin the region as an attractive place for companies for business and finding good competence. This cooperation has now been extended and further developed to form innovative interaction with players from trade and industry, research and society.
Compare companies (2012-02-01): 2conciliate; Addoceo; Altran; Askås I&R; ataco it; Atea; Autotech Teknikinformation; AWITS; BAM54®; Bro Digital; Brånerstrand IT; CAD Specialisten; Cadcraft; Cad-Q; CAmpus ReDesign SCE; Cerpus; Complexika; Coromatic; Cygate; Devo IT; Digander Wireless; Effect Management; Ekonomikompetens; ELTEL Networks; Elvenite; EnerComp; Enterprise; Framtiden; Greenfinger; Hög-Data; iBiz Solutions; Infogram System; Infratek; InPort; iSMoTec; IT-Hantverkarna; IT-Mästaren; Karlstads Stadsnät; Keyline; Kjellstrand Konsult: Know IT; Larsson Consulting; LearningWell; Lexicon; Life Academy; Logica; Marilyn Produktionsbolag; Midroc; Mimax Solutions; Ninetech; Office IT-Partner; Onevinn; OpenNet; Oracle Svenska; Ord & Bild; Paperton; Perduco; Precise Biometrics Solutions; Preferens; Prevas; Psiam; Qamcom; Qtema; Qtym; Redpill Linpro; Redstone: Rejlers; Relacom; Rixdata; Rolls-Royce IT-enhet; Saab Performit; Semcon; Sogeti; Stamford; Sticky Beat; Swarco Sverige; Sweco; Swedish Radio Supply; Swedwise; SYSteam; Sätterstrand Business Park; Sörman Information; Telia Sonera; Tieto; TUK; Veriscan Security; Video West Production; Voestalpine group-IT; Volvo IT; Z-SystemDesign; ÅF;
Compare Test Lab – a high-tech independent centre for software testing – is an excellent example of what can be achieved thanks to cooperation between companies, Karlstad University and the public sector. This is viewed as one of the most important activities for creating growth in the ICT industry in the region. The fact that the lab is independent is crucial to its success. Objectivity and neutrality are vital factors when it comes to signaling quality on an external market. The credibility of such findings is greater than if the same information were to come from a single commercial player. The objective is to develop the test lab into a European Centre for the development of complex products and services.
Compare Karlstad In Brief:
● In the year 2000 Compare Karlstad Foundation was formed as a result of an initiative undertaken by seven ICT companies in the Karlstad region. The name Compare stands for Competence Area Karlstad as well as "Compare us".
● The purpose of Compare is to create growth in the ICT field i.e more business and more companies in Karlstad. The scope of work is within four areas; ● business development; ● entrepreneurship; ● research and education; ● membership service
● Compare manages a number of publicly co-funded projects that are in line with the Foundation's mission to create growth for the member companies through business and competence development.
About Värmland and Karlstad
● The county of Värmland is home to more than 273.000 people over an area of 17.586 square kilometres. There are 16 municipalities. In terms of population the county town of Karlstad is the biggest, with around 85.000 inhabitants.
● Värmland borders Norway. From Karlstad the distance to Oslo is 210 km and to Stockholm 300 km. There are 10.512 lakes in Värmland, including Vänern, the largest lake in Western Europe.
● Karlstad is the major city in Värmland. Shopping, cultural events and nightlife has a lot to offer. Even though there are over 130.000 people living in and around Karlstad, almost everything is close by.